trueSpace 3D Authoring Software
- developed by Caligari Corporation
- Is a fully featured 3D Modeling Rendering Animation package.
Background and history
- Founded in 1986, Caligari Corporation is one of the pioneers of 3D modeling and animation.
Caligari has focused on providing powerful, intuitive and affordable tools that enable users to communicate visually, whether the end product is a web page, a fully-rendered image, a 3D model or an interactive simulation.
In January of 2006, after 20 years of uninterrupted development, Caligari released the 12th generation of its flagship product trueSpace. The release of trueSpace7 has opened new doors in 3D by providing a real-time role base collaborative authoring and development platform. This release is continuing to drive innovation to the 3D authoring process in markets that range from design and engineering to biomedicine and entertainment.
All of Caligari's products feature an immersive real-time interface that allows users to intuitively and directly manipulate objects in a fully-rendered 3D space, which helps to enhance and accelerate the design process.
Not only has Caligari enhanced the award-winning modeling, surfacing and rendering capabilities of trueSpace, the latest version trueSpace7 has revolutionized the way 3D content is created, communicated and shared with others allowing all aspects of real-time design, modeling and animation within a virtual 3D space shared by remote participants over the broadband internet.
- trueSpace7's easy-to-use authoring tools are seamlessly integrated into the underlying collaborative process.
The trueSpace7 collaboration server enables multiple participants to connect to a shared 3D space to create and manipulate shared content in real-time.
- this is an incomplete list.
- The full list of features can be seen by following the link at the bottom of this section.
- Next Generation of SDS with direct surface manipulation
- Soft Selection
- Real time Edit of 1M+ polygon objects
- Polygon Reduction (with Normal mapping)
- Edge and face loops
- Procedural Modeling
- Organic deformation
- Boolean operations
- Shelling and Mirrored Modeling with SDS and Weld
- DX9 (SL2.0) pixel shaders and HLSL editing
- Procedural shaders editable in Link Editor
- Normal mapping
- Shader trees
- UV Editor is now modeless
- Advanced UV Editor with real time UV mapping controls
- Unwrapper with Slice
- Breaking and welding of vertices in a UV map
- LightWorks 7.4 rendering engine
- Vray Rendering Engine (for trueSpace7 versions only)
- VirtuaLIght rendering engine
- Real time DX9 based photorealistic engine
- Multi-pass Rendering for Lightworks rendering engine with output to Photoshop layers integrated into trueSpace7
- Hybrid radiosity, ray tracing, Phong shading
- Image-based lighting
- Non-linear tone mapping editor
- Post process editor
- Advanced shaders (color, reflectance, transparency, displacement, background, *foreground, post processing)
- Volumetric, Anisotropic reflectance
- Key frame editor integrated with DX9 Player View for real time pre-visualisation
- Procedural Animations integrated with physics simulation
- Next generation Physics engine
- Non Linear Animation (NLA) through use of Clips
- Clips handle deformations
- Hierarchical animation
- KeyFrame Editor with Function Curves
- Bones with deformable skin and muscles
- Mirror and edit skeletons and attached meshes
Activities and Collaboration
- Interactive Behaviors can be created in Link or Script editor
- Collaborative server based collaborative activities for training or games
- Participants have avatars with user profiles
- Role based
- User editable Projects, Layouts, Panels, toolbars and widgets
- Link Editor
- Script Editor
- Panel Editor
- Context based Editing
- Real time, perspective, direct manipulation via 3D controls
- Distributed message-passing kernel with network engine and support for upcoming massively parallel, multi-core processing CPUs and GPUs
- True command driven Undo with construction history
- Live bi-directional real time bridge with legacy tools
- Real time collaboration through robust collaborative server
- Free collaborative Player
Community and Galleries
- Winners of the monthly competitions are placed in the Galleries, you can view someof the images here.
there is a very active, vibrant,helpful, talented and resourceful trueSpace community forum here.
Resources and tutorials
- there are some purchasable tutorial courses available here there are also some free downloadable sections of the tutorials as well for most of the courses.
- Video tutorials
Third Party Tutorial Links
- add any resources and links here
- add links and info here
Tips and Tricks
- add tips here