Editing Pages in the CGWiki
Getting to the Edit Window
- Wikis are based around the concept that anyone can edit anything, and the CGWiki is no exception. Only a few essential pages are protected by the moderators, and with the exception of these, any page can be edited by clicking its "Edit" tab as pictured below.
Editing an Article
- Clicking the "Edit" tab for an article will take you to its editing section, a slightly condensed version of this is shown in the screenshot below.
- Edit the text in the main window.
- Give a brief summary of the purpose of your edit to make it easier for others to follow the revision history.
- Click the "Show preview" button to see a preview of your article.
- If editing an already existing article, "Show changes" will show your current revision and the previously stored revision side by side for comparison.
- Finally, when you're finished editing the article, click "Save page" and you're done.
- There is also the option to specify that only a minor edit has been done to the article, and to add the page to your watchlist of articles you're particularly interested in.
- The edit window also has a toolbar for formatting text/adding links/inserting images/etc. The toolbar buttons are displayed in the screenshot below, and have the following functionality:
- Bold text
- Italic text
- Internal Link
- External Link
- Insert section header (such as Toolbar for this section in this article)
- Insert image
- Insert media file
- Insert LaTeX math formula
- Insert non-wiki-formatted text
- Insert signature
- Insert horizontal line